I'm B.L. Ochman, digital and social media communications strategist. I've been helping Fortune 500 companies achieve spectacular results by strategically incorporating emerging media into their marketing mix since 1996.
B.L. Ochman is a digital and social media strategist, creator of ROI-focused communications, and a revenue producer. I'm also a really pretty good swing dancer.
B.L. Ochman contributes to Ad Age Digital Next, Mashable, Business Week, Social Media Today and others.
B.L. Ochman's blog, What's Next Blog, is an Ad Age Power 150 Blog.
I am co-founder of the pet lovers' site and blog, Pawfun.com - where you can create and send free photo e-cards of your pets.
Find B.L. Ochman online at: About Me, LinkedIn, Google+, What's Next Blog, Pawfun,
B.L. Ochman's Background
B.L. Ochman's Experience
Senior Creative Technologist at AFS Intercultural Programs
July 2011 - March 2012
Created strategy, timeline, content plan, community management plan, and budget for a global online and mobile community for the more than 500,000 current and former participants in this 75-country non-profit foreign exchange program for high school students.
Managing Director of Emerging Media at Proof Integrated Communications
January 2010 - May 2011
Proof IC is a WPP-owned, full-service digital marketing agency
Creator of cutting edge, multi-media campaign strategies for Fortune 100 clients of WPP-owned digital marketing agency
Clients: Transitions Lenses, Right Management, Spring Mountain Capital, Sony
President at whatsnextonline.com
April 1996 - Present | New York, NY
I help major corporations and agencies integrate social and emerging media into their online marketing strategies.
• Executive social media education and training: IBM, Ford, McGraw-Hill, Meijer, Cendant
• Up Your Budget: first online treasure hunt: 10 million page views, 1 million unique visits in 4 weeks, with online marketing only
• Created award-winning Clutter Control Freak, a 25-author blog for Stacks & Stacks that generates one in every 16 visits to the company website
• Blog advertising campaign for American Greetings which CMO called their “highest yield in any online campaign”
• Contribute articles on Internet marketing strategy and trends to Ad Age Digital Next, http://adage.com/digitalnext/, and Digiday Daily Social,
http://www.digidaysocial.com/ and Social Media Today http://www.socialmediatoday.com
• What’s Next Blog, http://whatsnextblog.com begun in 2002, is an Ad Age Power 150 blog with an international following
Co-founder since 2006 at Pawfun.com
Pawfun.com is a where you can put your dog, cat, horse, gerbil, parrot, hamster or goldfish on a free ecard, using our proprietary design engine.
You don't need to be a geek or a technical wizard to create and share a work of art featuring your pet on a PawFun ecard. If you can put together a Word document you can use PawFun.
Publisher since 2002, at What's Next Blog
Emerging media and social marketing news and trends blog with an international following, rated one of the top 150 Marketing Blogs of 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008.
B.L. Ochman's Education
University of Bridgeport
Activities: Editor, The Scribe
B.L. Ochman's Interests & Activities
Technology, neuroscience, swing dancing, marketing, digital strategy, Labradoodles, photography, writing, blogging, growing orchids